Casual Workshop Assistant / Labourer
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a person that is keen to learn and work in a small scale manufacturing workshop located in Bald Hills (10kms north of Ballarat).
This roll is casual but the right candidate may be offered a permanent roll in the future. We will offer initially approximately 3 days a week with the possibility to be offered more hours in the near future.
The main roll will be small scale repetition work, drilling of holes, cutting material on a band saw, inspecting parts, packing parts, perform simple metal lathe tasks, metal stamping, packing parts, cleaning parts and other similar jobs.
Training will be provided where required.
For the right candidate there is also scope to learn more complex lathe work, sales roles, Tig welding , customer relations and more.
Required skills & attributes:
- Experience in a similar role preferred;
- Must be keen to learn manufacturing techniques;
- Have a good work ethic;
- Fit enough to perform physical work day to day;
- Be able to focus on the task given without getting distracted;
- Be honest and reliable;
- Be positive;
- Be able to perform repetition work efficiently;
- Be able to work unsupervised;
- Preferably be able to organise own transport to Bald Hills area;
- Prior workshop experience will be highly regarded.
What we offer:
- Opportunities to develop a range of skills;
- Flexible hours;
- Friendly environment;
- Quiet country location;
- Pay rate:
- $18.35hr to $24.00hr
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Depending on your current skills and ability, the rate above might increase
- Scope to increase skills and pay.
If you have the required skills & attributes we would like to hear from you. Please send your resume and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- This job has expired!