Join the Creswick Woollen Mills Retail and Tourism Team
We require Chinese Speaking Retail Assistant to work at our Creswick Mill store.
Please only apply if you live in Victoria, Australia.
Established in 1947, Creswick Woollen Mills in an Iconic Australian fashion and home-wares brand. Selling natural fibre clothing, home-wares and accessories we pride ourselves on our reputation of high quality and affordability.
With 8 retail stores across Victoria, Creswick is growing its retail and tourism team at the Mill in the town of Creswick, close to Ballarat and Daylesford.
With our interactive tourism centre connected to the Mill shop, we have increasing bus and tourist groups visiting the site, This includes daily bus groups of local and overseas visitors. This role is to support their experience by offering exceptional customer service and grow retail sales.
Creswick is looking for a highly experienced Chinese Speaking Retail Assistant with a flair for selling
• 2 years’ plus past experience working for a clothing retailer
• High energy sales assistant
• Passionate sales person who can help team to exceed store budgets
• Strong engagement with both local and overseas day trippers and tourism bus groups
• Ability to work on Point of Sale
• Available to work minimum of 3-4 hour shifts
In return you will:
• Be provided with training to develop your skills across retail and sales leadership
• Be working with famous Australian fashion brands
• Receive recognition through continuous discounts, rewards and incentives and clothing allowance.
• Career Progression
• Flexible casual hours. Must be available weekends and public holidays.
• Drivers license and access to own car a bonus
Please note, only successful applicants will be notified. All candidate applications received are treated in strict confidence.
- This job has expired!
Founded in 1947 by Polish migrant, Paul Ryzowy, Creswick Woollen Mills is now the only coloured woollen spinning mill of its type in Australia.
Located in Creswick, a small township approximately 120km from Melbourne, north-east of Ballarat, Creswick Woollen Mills is the largest private employer in the region.
Some of Creswick Woollen Mills’ luxurious products manufactured at the mill include Alpaca throws, blankets and accessories woven into sophisticated modern designs. Natural fibre products designed by Creswick for optimum comfort include merino, cashmere, cotton and bamboo.
Creswick Woollen Mills has become a household name both in Australia and globally. Creswick’s continued success is attributed to ongoing research and innovation, as well as dedication to quality and an understanding that the Australian market appreciates exclusive designs and high quality.
Visit the Creswick Woollen Mills tourism experience “A Very Fine Yarn” showcasing the journey of fibre; all the way from its source on the alpaca, through the manufacturing process and how it ends up on the shop shelf. The exhibit gives a great insight into natural fibre, how luxurious fibres are processed and gives visitors a chance to see Australian manufacturing as it happens. Meet our resident alpacas and purchase Australian products made right here at the Mill!