- Ballarat location, family owned business
- Great career opportunity
- Full time
BGT has an excellent opportunity for a candidate to undertake a Sheet Metal Apprenticeship. The successful person will join a small team, in a long running Ballarat business, which specialises in custom Sheet Metal Fabrication.
Sheet Metal is a varied and diverse craft that touches on elements of the plumbing and building trades. Sheet Metal workers make flashing, rain gutters, ventilation & heating and air-conditioning duct systems and many other products that are made from light gauge metal constructions.
Duties will include:
- Assisting tradesmen
- Welding & thermal cutting
- Use of hand & power tools
- Use of workshop machinery
- Reading & interpreting drawings
- Measuring & cutting light gauge steel
- Fabricating, forming & shaping components
To secure this role, you’ll ideally have the following attributes:
- Good maths skills
- Great attitude
- Self-motivated & forward thinking
- Good communication skills
- Great literacy & numeracy skills
- Pre App- Cert II Engineering (an advantage not mandatory)
This is a great opportunity to learn a trade that could lead to a satisfying career in the metal industry. If you feel that you’re creative, have got what it takes and are committed to learning the trade, do not let this opportunity pass.
*School leavers are encouraged to apply
To apply for this position please send your resume, along with a covering letter marked to the attention of David Magri quoting reference number “DM075” to PO Box 308, Ballarat Vic. 3353 or email [email protected]
Applications close Friday 2nd February 2018
Ballarat’s Trainee, Apprenticeship and Training Specialist. BGT provides opportunities for people looking for an Apprenticeship or Traineeship. We also specialise in nationally recognised training courses.